All Goshen municipal buildings reopened to the public on Tuesday, June 15, 2021.


Click on Alerts page detailed updates for Coronavirus Disease (COVID-19) information & links.


2022 Local Elections

Goshen’s Annual Town Election was held on June 4, 2022.  The results can be found at the Goshen Elections Result Page.

2022 State Elections

The Massachusetts State Primary Election will be held on Tuesday, September 6, 2022.

The Massachusetts General Election will be held on Tuesday, November 8, 2022.

Polling Location

On Election Day, everyone votes at John James Memorial Hall, 42 Main St.  Please enter on the parking lot side of the building, via the ramp entrance.  Parking is available in the town hall lot as well as diagonally across the road in the town parking lot.  Polling hours are 7:00 am – 8:00 pm for federal and state elections.  Polling hours for town elections vary.  Please check back for the most current info or contact the town clerk: 413-268-8236 x107,

Are you registered to vote?

You can see if you are registered to vote by going to the Secretary of State’s website:

If you have not registered to vote, you may do so at the Town Clerk’s Office in City Hall or online: .  You can only be a registered voter in one place and should register at the address you consider to be your primary residence.

The deadline to register to vote in any election is twenty (20) days prior to the date of the election.

 Absentee Ballot  Requests

A registered voter who will be unable to vote at the polls on Election Day due to:  (1) absence from the voter’s town during normal polling hours; or (2) physical disability preventing you from going to the polling place; or (3) religious belief can apply for an absentee ballot.  Your request for an absentee ballot must be received no later than noon on the day before an election.  Applications may be submitted in person, by mail, fax, or by email.  Absentee ballot applications can be found here:

The absentee ballot must be returned to the Town Clerk’s Office by close of the polls on election day.  Click here for information on voting if you are in the military or an overseas US citizen:

What Does “U” or “Unenrolled” Mean?

When registering to vote, you have the option of choosing “unenrolled” under party enrollment or designation.  This is commonly referred to as “independent” and means you are not enrolled in a party but are a registered voter.  You will still be allowed to vote in a party primary if you are listed as unenrolled and will just have to notify the poll worker of which party’s ballot you would like to use.  You will not need to change back to “unenrolled” after choosing a party ballot at a primary.  Unenrolled does not mean that you are not registered to vote.

Have You Moved?

You must update your voter registration every time you move, even within the same town.  If you have moved, you can update your registration by filling out a new voter registration form ( and returning it to the Town Clerk’s Office.

For more information, you can also visit the Massachusetts Elections Division website ( ). If you have questions about elections or voter eligibility, please contact the Town Clerk’s Office: 413-268-8236 x107,

Close window