Election season is upon us! The March 5th Presidential Primary is less than 5 weeks away.
The last day to register to vote for the Presidential Primary is Saturday, February 24th, 2024. There will be in person voter registration available in the Town Clerk’s Office, 40 Main Street, that day from 9am-11am and 3-5pm. You can also register to vote at: www.sec.state.ma.us/OVR/
There are three options for casting your vote for the Primary:
- Vote in person, on election day, March 5th, 7am-8pm in the John James Memorial Hall.
- Vote early in person, on Saturday, February 24th from 9am-1pm or Monday, February 26th from 9am-1pm in the John James Memorial Hall.
- Vote by mail. Every registered voter should have received a prepaid post card from the Secretary of the State’s office, asking if you’d like to vote by mail. If you’d prefer to vote in person, just discard the post card. No action needed. If you do want to vote by mail, I must receive your application by Tuesday, February 27th at 5pm in order to have your ballot mailed to you.
If you didn’t receive the vote by mail post card, you can request a ballot using the State portal: Mail-In Ballot Registration Status : Search (state.ma.us) or go to Massachusetts Vote by Mail Application (state.ma.us) to print out an application. Once filled out, it can be emailed, mailed or dropped off at my office. You may also request a vote by mail ballot by writing a letter to the Town Clerk (40 Main St. Goshen, MA 01032). Be sure to include your name and address, the election(s) for which you are requesting a ballot, and your signature. If you need the ballot mailed somewhere other than your home, be sure to provide that address. Please allow ample mailing time for this application and for the ballot. The ballot must be returned to the Town Clerk’s Office by close of the polls on election day in order to be counted. Ballots that arrive after that time – even if they are postmarked on or before Election Day – will not be counted.
We had 46% voter turnout for the Primary in 2020. Let’s see if we can beat that!
In other news: Just a friendly reminder to please return the 2024 Annual Street Listings that were mailed to each household in early January. If you haven’t received one, you can find printable blank copies on the Town Clerk webpage at www.goshen-ma.us/annual-street-listing/ or contact me to receive another: firstname.lastname@example.org. Please fill out info for everyone who lives in your house, sign and return to: 40 Main St. Goshen, MA 01032. Responding to the street listing will keep you on the active voting list if you are registered to vote.
Also, please register your dog(s) before licenses expire March 31st. Neutered/ spayed dogs cost $5 each to register; intact dogs are $10. Dog licensing forms were mailed with the street listings and can also be found here: www.goshen-ma.us/dog-licenses/
To register your dog(s), you can:
- Stop by during office hours (Monday 8:30-2:30 & 6-8) and bring cash or check, valid rabies certificate, and spaying/neutering certificate, or
- Mail the dog license form, fee(s) and certificate(s) along with a stamped self-addressed envelope for the return of the license(s) and tag(s) to: Goshen Town Clerk, 40 Main Street, Goshen, MA 01032.
- Drop the paperwork off in the town clerk drop box, located to the left of the door to the town offices.
Please contact Town Clerk Kristen Estelle with any questions or concerns: email@example.com, 413-268-8236 x107.