Broadband (High Speed Internet)
Goshen FTTH Network Fiber Route Completed Design Visual
Follow the instructions below for an interactive map where users can drill down to the finer details of the fiber routes and homes for the Town of Goshen:
- Click on this link to install a free diagram viewer on your computer.
- Select the appropriate installation file for your computer (Windows or Mac). The installation file will automatically download to your computer. When the download is complete double click on the file to install it on your computer and accept all the installation default settings. The application will create a program on your computer named DWGSeePro.exe.
- Copy this file Goshen Fiber Strand Map network design.dwg located below to a location on your computer and use the installed application from Step 2 above to open it and view the network route in more detail.
Motion to vote in favor of proceeding with a town owned network with consideration to the following conditions:
- We pursue both a 15 year and a 20 year term and if 20 year is the preferred method of borrowing, this would be accomplished either via 20 1-year state house notes [These will require special legislation voted on by the Town and then passed by the Massachusetts legislature & signed by the Governor] – OR – Massachusetts Qualified Bonds [this option has not yet been made available] –OR- another 20 year method not yet known but that would need approval of the Select Board.
- The Select Board acknowledges that this borrowing will have a material and possibly substantial impact on the timing of Capital purchases and the availability of monies for capital purchases for the duration of the borrowing for this project.
- We need to set up an appropriate structure for management of the Goshen MLP including an MLP board.
- The Select Board will pursue additional fees for use by the Town to cover what the Select Board deems as appropriate expenses.
- The Select Board will utilize a good portion any excess revenues returned to the town to pay down the debt resulting from the borrowing.
INFORMATIONAL TOWN MEETING MATERIALS
The results of the preference ballots turned in at the 4/29 presentation are as follows:45 votes for town owned network;17 votes for private partner network with Comcast;1 vote for other.