How do I file a complaint with the Board of Health?

The Board of Health is empowered by Massachusetts General Law Chapter 111, and regulations of the Department of Public Health and Department of Environmental Protection to investigate and abate certain conditions. Examples of some conditions for which we have received complaints are: report of trash, refuse, debris, or solid waste deposited on empty land or occupied property; strong odors, loud or persistent noise, unclean food handling observed at food establishments, food borne illness complaints, unsafe or unsanitary housing, and septic system odors or runoff.

You may make a complaint in writing or by phone.  All complaints are investigated.

Include the complaint, the address of the complaint, and your contact information in case additional information is needed.

Close window