The Historical Commission, a branch of town government, was established by the Town in April of 1958 under Massachusetts General Law, Chapter 40, section 8d, for the preservation and protection of the historic resources of Goshen. The law states the powers and duties of the Commission.
Among the duties of the Commission is the completion of an inventory of the historic resources of the town. This we have been working on, and have completed the necessary research for submitting inventory forms to the Massachusetts Historical Commission on fifty-four structures. To those citizens who have been helpful to us in this work the Commission expresses its great appreciation. This cooperation has made a difficult task easier.
The Goshen Historical Museum, located at 13 Main Street in Goshen, is open on Sundays from 1:00 until 3:00 during the months of June, July and August. Arrangements to access to the museum out of season can be made by contacting any member of the Commission.