Your Goshen Council on Aging (COA) serves all citizens 60 years old and over with programs such as:
- Monthly local luncheons on the second Tuesday of the month in the Town Hall
- Muscle strengthening class on Zoom
- Goshen Age Friendly Outreach Group for assistance and/or information about services and management of our medical equipment loan program
- Monthly grab and go hot meal from Highland Valley Elder Services on the third Tuesday of the month (contact coordinator to sign up)
- Monthly Community Connections Group on the first Friday of the month at 10-11am featuring local speakers focused on health and wellness
- Monthly Knitting and Crafts group on the first Wednesday of the month in the Dining Room at the Town Hall from 1-3pm
- Monthly Games Group on the third Wednesday of the month in the Dining Room at the Town Hall from 1-3pm
- Unique special events multiple times a year
These are all programs that aim to help older adults remain active and engaged in their communities living independent and productive lives.
The Goshen COA is part of the Northern Hilltown Consortium (northernhilltownscoas.org) which is a group of seven COA coordinators. The Consortium creates, publishes, and mails/emails a monthly newsletter to all local seniors age 60 and over. This group also manages grants and coordinates to bring seniors in all of the participating hilltowns creative and informative programs.
Massachusetts Councils on Aging (MCOA) is a nonprofit membership association of the 350 municipal councils on aging and senior centers. COAs are the first stop[ on the continuum of care. MCOA supports the 1.7 million older adults, 60 and over in Massachusetts, in leading healthy, purposeful lives. Go to the MCOA website.
Need transportation for an appointment? Contact Hilltown Easy Ride at the Hilltown CDC at 413-296-4232 or email them at email@example.com. Interested riders must be pre-approved for eligibility by completing a short form on their website hilltowncdc.org.